Product Manager - Data
- Annapolis, MD, USA
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk.
The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Maplecroft is a provider of datasets and written content that assess environmental, human rights, political and economic risks. The Client Solutions team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the company’s content management systems, client-facing platforms and APIs that deliver our data and written content to our clients.
Verisk Maplecroft is seeking a Product Manager to play a key role in defining, planning, and realizing our Enterprise Data Fabric product vision. The Product Manager will work with stakeholders to understand needs and use cases and translate those into product features managed within product backlogs and roadmaps. He/She will be responsible for ‘all things cloud’ and inform, educate, and facilitate cloud adoption and support within the company.
- Work closely with internal clients to understand their needs and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories.
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver solutions that meets client requirements.
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team.
- Mentor and train internal PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills.
- Identify potential internal client success stories.
- Innovate and iterate on Agile PM processes and share findings.
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with data & analytic technologies
- Understanding the cloud platform requirements (services/features and timing) from the business product owners/application development teams.
- Understanding compliance requirements of the cloud platform.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Experience designing products related to information management technology solutions inclusive of modern data / cloud technologies and platforms
- Experience with designing products leveraging cloud-based managed services
- An appreciation of the importance of clients
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Mentors colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
Verisk Maplecroft is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
We values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
- Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Verisk Maplecroft's success