Regulatory Compliance and Services Consultant
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Our Regulatory Reporting Services Team based in Carlsbad, CA, is looking for a driven, results-oriented person to join our team and help continue driving our initiatives to make the world a safer place. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to contribute to a high-volume of varying tasks & projects in a professional setting with the support of various software tools and business processes. You will interact daily with customers and regulatory agencies and will be a front-line contributor to our team’s strategic goals & objectives. If you are committed to learning and delivering the highest level of service to customers you might be a fit for this role.
Regulatory Compliance and Consulting Services Delivery and Support
- Act as point of contact for large-scale tasks and customers, including monitoring program activity, fielding program questions or concerns, resolving customer concerns or issues, and ensuring applicable workload tasks are fulfilling the scope of service delivery
- Actively contribute to regulatory and waste quality assurance and control programs
- Approximately 30% of time doing this type of work
Strategic Development, New Customer Start-Up, and Custom Processes
- Support integration of new customers, in addition to implementation of additional service offerings to existing customer programs
- Assist, as applicable, product management and sales representatives on regulatory compliance and consulting services customer accounts and assist with development of initiatives to carry out successful implementation of applicable service programs
- Assist with management and implementation of custom customer processes
- Support development and implementation, as applicable, of staff training and technical development meant to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of 3E Regulatory Compliance and Consulting Services offerings
- Support development and implementation, as applicable, of regulatory compliance and consulting services demonstrations, in addition to assistance with development and implementation of applicable Sales & Marketing Webinars
- Assist with development and implementation of new, or enhanced service offerings
- Approximately 15% of time doing this type of work
Regulatory Research Documentation, Analysis, and Consultation
- Interact with local, state, federal, and international regulatory agencies regarding regulations and requirements
- Document and maintain applicable regulatory compliance regulations and requirements, as applicable, across standard and customer compliance scopes
- Document, analyze, and interpret regulation applicability, as applicable
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for capturing and delivering regulatory compliance research for internal and external use
- Approximately 25% of time doing this type of work
Regulatory Business Intelligence, Analysis and Tableau Support
- Support Business Intelligence activities and develop visualizations and analysis for internal and external customers using Tableau Creator software
- Approximately 25% of time doing this type of work
Regulatory Compliance Software Application Maintenance and Support
- Support 3E infrastructure with development and testing requirements for applicable software application enhancements, in addition to testing and maintaining, as applicable, of integrated technical content
- Assist, as applicable, with providing technical support for 3E Regulatory Compliance software tools in addition to testing of external software tools utilized by the Regulatory Business Solutions and Services Team
- Approximately 5% of time doing this type of work
- Exceptional knowledge of 3E processes, procedures, software, and service offerings
- Highly motivated, organized, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet standard response times and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Forward thinking and ability to accommodate development of skill sets to accommodate business needs
- Experience balancing job role expectations against strict deadlines
- More than five years experience in regulatory compliance field required
- Project management and/or business analysis training or experience desired
- Advanced knowledge of 40CFR, International Fire Code, and California Health & Safety Code regulations
- Advanced knowledge of EPCRA sections of SARA Title III and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Ability to review, analyze, summarize, and present Federal, State, and International compliance regulations
- Advanced level of computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience, preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.