Business Development Sales Researcher - EMEARC Upstream
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Sales
Wood Mackenzie is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Business Development Sales Researcher to join our EMEARC Business Development Team. It is an exciting time to join Woodmac as we develop our next generation, data analysis & visualization platform, utilized by our corporate customers to drive billion-dollar decisions. Our Business Development Team plays a pivotal role in supporting the growth of this new platform and delivering organisational success.
The Business Development Researcher at Wood Mackenzie will have insight into the trends and opportunities within our markets. They identify new leads and engagement opportunities to enable our BDMs to successfully generate greater revenue. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, if you thrive on the challenges and satisfaction of winning we want to hear from you!
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities to support new revenue growth. The BD team covers Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia and the Caspian (EMEARC) regions.
The BD Researcher will build, develop and maintain a prospect database that will be used in targeted sales campaigns. This role will also include researching companies, lists, contacts and sectors for relevant information from a wide range of sources, to support new client revenue growth.
- List creation, prioritization and contact identification.
- Identify lists from events, CRM systems, databases and other sources
- Gather information on companies that Wood Mackenzie does not have an existing relationship with.
- Identify new contacts for targeted sales & marketing campaigns.
- Client Engagement
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify the most relevant information to use in BD engagement campaigns.
- Build a narrative and pitch to engage identified contacts using digital and phone contact.
- Continuously update the customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to help measure and build on success.
- Provide support to the sales team to maximise events and business trips.
- Proactively contribute to improvement of BD activities and success.
- Recommend ideas for working with changes in buyer behaviour.
- Continuously monitor progress and report regularly on progress.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Commercially focused and results orientated
- Previous experience with CRM systems, knowledge of Salesforce would be useful but not essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively & on your own initiative
- Some experience in information gathering
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Degree level of education from an accredited institution is preferred
- Continuous learner
- An interest and or basic knowledge in the commodity sector (Energy / M&M) would be beneficial
For the past 45 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a leading research and consultancy business for the global energy, chemicals, metals and mining industries.
Today we are part of the Verisk family which has broadened our data and analytics platform and strengthened our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
What you’ll love about us
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
What You’ll Love About Verisk
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package