Senior Account Manager
- Verisk Business: Genscape
- Department: Sales
Genscape operates the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distributes industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight.
To learn more about Genscape, A Wood Mackenzie Business, please visit us at: https://www.genscape.com/genscape-open-positions
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
About the Role
We seeking an experienced Account Manager with strong knowledge of the global energy commodity markets. This position will encompass new business development, territory growth, and retention and upsell to select high-value customers for the Genscape suite of products. The successful candidate will work closely with various internal subject matter experts and analysts to grow this territory.
- Generate revenue by prospecting and selling Genscape oil, gas, power and maritime services to both new and existing clients
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, selling the value proposition at all levels, and final negotiations. All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented
- Lead all aspects of the customer lifecycle by working with other functions to support onboarding, engagement, retention and cross selling.
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Product and Research teams
- Represents Wood Mackenzie / Genscape at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Effective client engagement and understanding of critical client business growth potential and how the Wood Mackenzie suite of products supports the client’s growth
- Present continuous feedback to the business of how to improve our service to customers inside of assigned portfolio as well as gathering relevant competitive intelligence
- Support new product and service development launches
- Effective partnering with the broader organization to include marketing, training, client services, research and consulting.
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate salesforce forecasting
About you and how you can excel in the role
- Have significant experience in client facing or Account Management role
- Have an extensive commercial track record in developing clients and establishing a trusted advisor relationship
- Be a self-motivated and energetic individual, a successful negotiator and results-oriented
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation
- Be passionate about growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing and growing themselves
- Have an intellectual curiosity about how data and analysis, solves critical business issues
- Show effective organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.