- Verisk Business: Genscape
- Department: Sales
Genscape operates the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distributes industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight.
To learn more about Genscape, A Wood Mackenzie Business, please visit us at: www.genscape.com/genscape-open-positions. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package
Genscape is seeking an experienced Sales Director will strong knowledge of the global energy markets. This position will encompass new business development, territory growth, and retention and upsell to select high-value customers for the Genscape suite of products. The successful candidate will work closely with Genscape's various internal subject matter experts and analysts.
- Generate revenue by prospecting and selling Genscape’s Oil, Power and Maritime Services to both new and existing clients
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, selling the value proposition at all levels, and final negotiations.
- All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented in Salesforce.com
- Lead all aspects of the customer lifecycle by working with other functions to support onboarding, engagement, retention and cross selling.
- Gain a thorough understanding of ALL Genscape products and services to identify potential sales opportunities for other Genscape sales verticals
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams
- Leverage the Wood Mackenzie account teams to gain access to new customers and to ensure alignment and best practices are being followed
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and retention
- Provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams
- At least 5 to 10 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value data/analysis in energy market or a closely related industry.
- Must have experience with selling to energy traders, analysts, risk managers, or other closely related energy market data recipients at Utilities, Generators, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks.
- Firm understanding of the structure and dynamics of the global commodity markets and how the Genscape products can inform strategic decision making
- Ability to relate Genscape products to trading scenarios, including benchmark price changes and other market moving signals.
- Existing network of contacts and relationships with physical and financial oil traders
- Experience in building valuable relationships with senior managers and the ability to present compelling value propositions across all levels of an organization
- Ability to think strategically about our business, customers, and growth priorities
- You are an independent thinker; inquisitive; creative in finding alternative solutions and you take a consultative approach with customers
- Consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; MBA or related Master’s Degree a plus
- Proficiency in software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Salesforce.com (or comparable CRM application)
- Ability to travel up to 50%. Travel around the region will be required and occasionally you may need to travel further afield
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- Outstanding work environment, with flexible working hours and a friendly, international team
- Long-term career development opportunities within Genscape, A Wood Mackenzie Business (energy research and consulting)
- Regular team events eg. weekly Friday Lunch.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.