Senior Business Analyst
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
- Department: Analytics Community
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Are you a self-motivated Analyst ready to apply your exceptional data analytics and technical skills in a thriving, fast-paced publicly traded company? If you’ve got excellent communication and customer interfacing skills combined with strong problem-solving skills, please read on…The ISO Programs Operations department of Verisk Analytics is looking for a Senior Business Analyst responsible for dealing with data; data management, data requirements, and data analysis. This contributes to our ability to support and assist with customer's reporting responsibilities and prepare data reviews, regulatory filings and compilations in a timely and accurate manner for submission to state insurance departments and ISO affiliates.
You will have the opportunity to learn and apply insurance business knowledge and your analytical skills in order to research and implement data capture mechanisms and strategies that will maximize usability of reported data for our products and services.
As a member of the Strategic Data Operations unit, you will be involved with data mining, manipulation and the creation of a new reporting system. You will have close customer interactions (internal and external) on data reporting requirements, and other data management activities. You will be involved in creating, building and improving processes and procedures to support different strategic plans.
· Write business requirements for a new data transformation reporting system and assist with ongoing maintenance and testing.
· Provide high quality support to customer needs including data profiling, mapping and data lineage, data transformation and creation, data quality analysis, and data and business inquiry resolutions.
· Collaborate with other divisions, integrating information from multiple sources along with independent analysis and research to prepare appropriate data capture mechanisms and support.
· Ability to prioritize business needs and make decisions while handling multiple projects.
· Use appropriate business language to develop clear and concise data reporting standards and instructions.
Our ideal candidate has:
· Bachelor's degree in Arts or Science, with emphasis in computer science, communication, economics, data analytics, statistics or a related field.
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including some experience with data transformation or data mining using large and complex datasets.
· Background in property/casualty insurance; knowledge of ISO statistical plan reporting, and/or other Statistical Agent plans is a plus.
· Experience with setting up standards/procedures or writing business requirements for a new interface system.
· Have good understanding of and experience with data manipulation, report generation and data validation procedures; often with multiple premium and loss data files; experience with data blending tools (Alteryx, etc) is a plus.
· Comfortable working with structured data in various formats (fixed length, comma/tab delimited, SQL data).
· Experience coding small to mid-size data transformation, cleansing and validation scripts to be used in data transformation workflows, and exposure to scripting or developmental languages.
· Experience in interpreting "raw" detailed written business rules.
· Working knowledge of any reporting or Business Intelligence tools a plus.
· Solid background in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel at minimum), preferred experience in Wrike, Salesforce, and advanced Excel.
· Passion for problem solving with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work under time constraints and adjust plans in the face of changing priorities to meet Industry and Regulatory deadlines.
· Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, customer-service oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
· Continued desire and ability to learn
· Professional insurance exams a plus; CPCU, IDMA, CAS, etc.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.