Consulting & Analytics (APM) - 2020 Summer Internship Program - CR
- White Plains, NY, USA
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
At Verisk, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates success, recognizes and rewards achievements and excellence, and provides personal and professional enrichment opportunities. Our 11-week program combines real work experience with professional development workshops, volunteer events, and opportunities to network and socialize with our current team and other interns. If you have an analytical mindset, a passion for innovation, and an interest in business, come join our paid 2020 summer internship program.
This intern will join our Argus team within our Verisk Financial Services business.
- Leverage extensive data sets and various statistical software applications to develop and execute strategic quantitative analysis
- Investigate and report on complex data interactions to help identify and address our clients’ key strategic business opportunities
- Create statistical data models to be used as tools in the development of client portfolio strategies
- Work with a team to create and present analyses to executives at financial institutions that drive actionable business decisions
- Current Junior or first year Master student in statistics, industrial engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science, finance, or related field
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Familiarity with SQL and/or SAS or other data mining or statistical software is preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.