Front End Developer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Verisk Business: Genscape
- Department: Information Technology
Genscape operates the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distributes industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight.
To learn more about Genscape, A Wood Mackenzie Business, please visit us at: www.genscape.com/genscape-open-positions. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package
At Genscape we enjoy working with developers who love to innovate and are remarkably passionate about software development in all layers of the stack. A passion for software, drive toward excellence of solution and outstanding team collaboration where ideas can be bounced around for feedback are all aspects of culture we embrace. We look for individuals who are driven, intellectually curious and passionate. Genscape has an unwavering focus on their people and ensures employees have excellent opportunity to learn, grow and expand their careers within the business.
The Front End Developer for the EPSI Platform, will enable a continued expansion of the EPSI platform business while taking a leading role in enhancing, refactoring and extending the platform front-end. In particular, significant focus will be on modernizing the UI and making complex work flows easier to understand for new users.
- Design, development and alignment of new and existing front-end components.
- Working within a small the team to improve UI experience and software quality.
- Design of server-side data interfaces required.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an independent thinker, inquisitive and creative in finding alternative solutions.
- You enjoy understanding, designing and implementing correct and elegant software.
- You have a passion for UI & UX
- You are able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with dynamic priorities & limited specifications.
- You can develop an in-depth knowledge of the EPSI platform and to leverage that knowledge in conjunction with your communication skills to make quick decisions throughout the development process.
- You must be able to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with developers, QA analysts, customer service representatives and management.
- You are fluent in English, additional language skills are a plus
Must have’s related to our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in front-end software development, working with modern front end technologies like React
- A passion for UI & UX
- Strong capability in iterative development
- Development practices: Test-driven development, Speed optimization, Refactoring
- Basic familiarity (or willingness to gain it) with server-side tools: Modern Perl, MySQL, Docker
- An optimization background would be a plus
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company’s greatest asset and critical to our success
- Being part of a wider team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more
- A company that offers a strong focus on work-life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work
- Excellent benefits and numerous perks
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.