Regional Director, Government Relations
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
- Department: Government Relations
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
ISO, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), is an insurance solutions company specializing in applying advanced analytic techniques and data management skills to the challenge of accurately assessing risk in the property and casualty insurance industry. Our clients include many of the nation's leading property and casualty insurers. We combine vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques to create the most accurate risk models in the industry. Our clients use these models to give them a competitive advantage in executing their marketing, underwriting and pricing strategies. Our market position allows us to dedicate unparalleled time and talent to solving the industry's analytic challenges. ISO is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the vice president of government relations, you will have substantial contact with state regulatory officials on the timely approval and implementation of ISO filings, and related issues. You will monitor all property/casualty insurance legislation and regulations impacting ISO products and operations. You will be expected to maintain awareness of current events and topics at the local and regional level and maintain relations and liaise with local industry trade associations and other relevant organizations/stake-holders.
· Timely approval and implementation of ISO's regulatory filings of insurance program coverage forms, manuals, pricing and related products.
· Engage with other field offices and ISO divisions to develop coordinated solutions to regional and local issues affecting ISO products and services.
· Represent ISO interests at industry forums as required.
· Contribute to the development of ISO's positions on specific P&C insurance sector industry topics oat the regional and local level.
· Direct regulatory relationships surrounding ISO filings of loss costs, rules, forms, analytics, etc. and ensuring prompt approval of same
· Provide technical support to local industry trade associations and other interested stakeholders.
· Ensure compliance with all insurance product related regulatory and legislative requirements.
· College degree.
· 8+ years experience within the P&C industry. Experience in product development, pricing, or state filings and regulatory compliance are preferred.
· Superior interpersonal, oral/written communication and negotiation skills, and a proven record of project management.
· Experience working with insurance departments on regulatory and legislative issues and demonstrated ability to develop relationships with regulators, industry, trade organizations, and other stake-holders and advocate on company’s behalf a plus.
· Ability to think strategic and act tactical to advance ISO's and Verisk's interests.
· Knowledge and understanding of the current P/C marketplace.
· Understanding and use of ISO products is desirable.
· CPCU and other industry designations preferred.
· Based in the Atlanta office, preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.