Developer Intern - Enterprise Data Management team (EDM) - 2020 Summer Internship Program - CR
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
At Verisk, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates success, recognizes and rewards achievements and excellence, and provides personal and professional enrichment opportunities. Our 11-week program combines real work experience with professional development workshops, volunteer events, and opportunities to network and socialize with our current team and other interns. If you have an analytical mindset, a passion for innovation, and an interest in business, come join our paid 2020 summer internship program.
The intern will be part of our Argus team, within the Verisk Financial Services business.
- Handle development activities assigned
- Apply appropriate development techniques to produce high quality deliverables
- Deliver on-time and promptly
- Develop the solution, perform unit testing, assist during UAT and handle implementation activities for production roll-out
- Apply gained experience or academic knowledge in handling distributed computing and/or big data technologies
- Work on data warehousing projects and assist in producing data needs for Business Intelligence layer
- Handle performance optimization on various layers of application appropriately
- Handle ETL/ELT development activities as required
- Document technology, process flow details of the developed program unit
- Create unit test cases, document and execute
- Use adequate code management tools and techniques
Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in computer science or related field
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Experience or academic knowledge with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Pig, Scripting, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Drill, Oozie etc.
- Database technologies – RDBMS (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, etc.), NOSQL (Hadoop, Mongo DB, etc.) or equivalent technology
- Experience with SQL, ETL/ELT(One or more – Pentaho, Informatica, SSIS etc)
- Programming languages – Java, Python, R, Scala, SQL, or equivalent
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.