Senior Manager Analytics
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
With a strong emphasis on analytics, the successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging Argus’s strengths in understanding and then improving our client’s businesses. Through in-depth analysis of a client’s business, you will apply benchmarking techniques to identify areas of strength and weakness and then prepare and submit recommendations to clients to optimize the effectiveness of our client’s businesses.
- Manages and leads complex analytical projects using advanced analytical and statistical methods in order to recommend, review and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on the P&L of each retail banking portfolio
- Performs expert consulting support to all clients in the areas of Risk Management – focusing on fraud detection and prevention mechanisms and also the identification and reduction of credit loss
- Acts as primary day-to-day client contact responsible for weekly reporting and client communication
- Supervises, trains, and mentors staff of analysts – developing advanced Fraud and Risk experience across the team
- Directs, plans and implements the approach and objectives for the team
- Creates structure and detailed work plans that can be executed from abstract and vague objectives
- Manages project timelines for analysts and ensures all client materials meet expectations (from content to quality) and are delivered on time
- Identification and follow-through of sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree – advanced degree a plus
- Four (or more) years’ experience in the credit card industry
- Proven track record of managing consulting projects of teams of 2+ people
- Quantitative background, 3+ years exp. preferably from a strategy consulting firm
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- In depth technical knowledge and ability to learn new technologies
- Project management, scheduling and planning
- Team player, excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interact with senior management and collect requirements
- Must be able to lead a team, use judgment and operate under ambiguity
- Motivated, self-starter and a strong work ethic
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.