Global Service Desk and Technical Support Manager
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Argus is currently seeking a Global Service Desk and Technical Support Manager to join our Global IT Support team at Company headquarters located in White Plains, NY. While this position is in White Plains, the incumbent will remotely support all our users globally for both Argus and our Verisk Financial affiliates.
This position will be primarily responsible for the Global Service Desk function and staff as well as providing a strong backup and regular engagement for all IT management function responsibilities including design, deployment, enhancement, monitoring, maintenance, and support of our IT systems. These systems include servers, workstations, telephony, mobile platforms, peripherals and various software applications. We desire someone who is both strategic and systematic with an unrelenting focus on tight management, consistent performance, and outstanding client service.
Global Service Desk Management:
- Coordinate with Verisk Service Desk Management to leverage their Level 1 capabilities providing 24x7x365 support and ServiceNow Ticket creation.
- Manage global team of Service Desk professionals in multiple locations and time zones providing Level 2 support to all Verisk Financial Company staff members during regular business hours in each region.
- Implement and manage a ServiceNow deployment tightly linked with Verisk ServiceNow installation following the latest versions and capabilities. Analyze ticket system and identify trends for proactive solving of issues over time to maximize the end user support and your team’s productivity,
- Drive the migration of all Verisk Financial company help and service desk staff to a single ServiceNow implementation in order to align with company standards.
- Act as mentor to team to other team members and peers within the organization.
- Developing standard operating procedures and best practices, including written protocols and guidance for IT staff and end-users, while fostering a culture of professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
Desktop Support and End User Computing:
- Provide and present solutions for overall user support needs.
- Desktop support, imaging endpoint, active directory, account change, deletion, all in a Windows and Linux environments, responsible for overall provision and secure endpoints for 600+ end-users and growing
- All mobile device management to include sourcing and deployment of mobile devices for end users as required
- Oversight and working through all Audio-Visual capabilities for all meetings, trainings, townhalls conducted globally along with assisting senior leadership with their customized needs
- Planning and project management skills are important for capacity planning & budget management
- Perform product analysis, quality assurance, troubleshooting and support
- Advise management about market trends and latest developments in endpoint management strategies
- Coordinate with multiple teams and departments to implement, maintain, support and enhance the end user device experience and work with Infrastructure team to ensure a common user experience between end user devices
- Function as technical escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems.
Information Technology Management:
- Collaborate in the design, development, and maintenance of our systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and company information needs while maintaining an established culture of efficiency.
- Directing the implementation, execution, and integration of new/upgraded information systems through well-defined plans including specific procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Assist with leading, managing and developing the IT staff – including hiring, training, evaluating, guiding and disciplining – to meet the rapidly evolving needs of users, teams, and offices·
- Ensuring the complete and timely creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Keeping current with the latest technologies and proactively and regularly determining what new technology solutions and implementations will enhance our business, system, and compliance needs.
- Communicating regularly, clearly and accurately with senior management, all users of information services and systems, Argus’s parent company, and key vendors.
- Strong customer orientation and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective communications abilities with internal clients to identify needs/requirements and evaluate alternative solutions and strategies
- BS in IT; advanced degree preferred; 8+ years of IT management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strategic thinker; able to plan projects over a 12 to 24-month time span
- Disciplined management with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong technical skills and experience (Windows, Linux, MSSQL, Cisco, etc.)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.