Infrastructure and Security Cloud Engineer
- Bath, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- Department: Information Technology
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven solutions enable multinational companies to identify and manage the key political, human rights, economic and environmental risks impacting their operations, supply chains and investments. As part of the Verisk Analytics family, we are aligned with the world’s leading data analytics organisation. Together, we aim give our clients the insight they need to make better, data-driven decisions through unrivalled analysis and advice.
Cloud Service Design
• Translate service requirements into service models (templates) and/or workflows for automatic provisioning.
• Accountable for the cloud service offering model design documentation.
• Accountable for verifying that cloud service model meet appropriate compliance/governance requirements.
• Ensures that the automation technical environment is properly maintained and correctly designed.
Cloud Service Automation
• Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
• Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes. Ensure that all that can be automated is automated.
• Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
Cloud Service Deployment
• Develops orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used within the cloud infrastructure.
• Develops self-service catalog capability
Logging, Monitoring, and Remediation
• Develops monitoring scripts or templates to gather metrics or look for patterns and events and to generate alarms
• Designs and develops features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms
• Develops event or incident remediation workflows or actions to resolve issues
Configuration and Compliance
• Develops automated configuration and compliance controls and related remediation tasks
• Designs and develops custom templates, reports, and compliance remediation workflows and actions.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years IT experience
• Minimum 2 years of software development/coding experience
• Proficient in coding in Python, Ruby, JSON, etc
• A keen interest in new technologies and open source
• Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
• Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
• Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
• Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment