Scientist, Cyber - future openings
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Research
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
· Work in a team responsible for developing cutting edge models to estimate potential losses from cyber attacks
· Collaborate with members of AIR’s marketing, sales, consulting, and product management teams to get solutions into the market
· Gather relevant cyber data and apply state of the art data science techniques
· Develop code and run probabilistic modeling simulations; model extreme cyber scenarios; perform validation and verification of model output, including loss estimates associated with individual perils, such as business interruption and liability
· Participate in client studies and consulting projects; respond to client questions; ensure that models adhere to regulatory standards
· Previous experience or interest in cyber risk
· Strong background in data analysis, probability, and statistics (preferably including stochastic processes, time series analysis, regression modeling, Monte Carlo methods, etc.)
· Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their applications, especially where input data sets come from multiple sources and are very sparse, imbalanced, biased, and/or noisy.
· Solid scientific programming skills, preferably including experience with either C++ or Java, either Python (specifically numpy/pandas) or R, and SQL
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· M.S. in a quantitative field (Ph.D. preferred)
· 2+ years of experience in a technical environment
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.