Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Verisk Business: G2 Web Services
- Department: Engineering
G2 Web Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and a leading global provider of merchant risk management solutions, including due diligence, compliance, and fraud protection. G2 helps acquirers and other payment providers take on the appropriate level of risk in their merchant portfolios, while protecting against brand damage, illegal activity and noncompliance assessments. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
G2 is seeking smart, independent thinking software engineers to join our expanding engineering team. Individuals in this role will work on a wide variety of maintenance and new development projects, providing numerous opportunities for growth. Successful candidates will be well versed in multiple technology stacks, and capable of developing new skills quickly.
- The ability to actively collaborate with a diverse set of both local and remote team members in a productive and organized manner.
- Participate in all lifecycle phases of software development projects, from inception and design, implementation and testing through to release prep and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Participate in code reviews in an effort to improve code quality.
- 2-5 Years of Software Development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience with one or more modern static language such as Java, C++, or C# (we use Java)
- Experience with one or more modern dynamic language such as Ruby or Python
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with both relational and document based datastores
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.