Financial Data Analyst
- Burlingame, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Lundquist Consulting, Inc
- Department: Finance
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | LCI's Bankruptcy Management Solutions automate expensive processes as they eliminate stay violation and portfolio valuation risk. In a world of burgeoning bankruptcies, LCI delivers the industry's finest bankruptcy data, bankruptcy process automation software, expert services and research to automate expensive processes in the bankruptcy lifecycle. Our decades of experience as the exclusive supplier to the world's largest and most innovative creditors ensure that LCI customers are first and best to invoke automation. LCI solutions enable our customers to execute the most efficient and productive bankruptcy management and portfolio valuation processes anywhere, servicing over 1.3 Billion accounts a year.
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
The Financial Data Analyst is an important role within LCI. This role involves working with large datasets to provide quantitative insights to clients on their bankrupt loan portfolios managed by LCI as well as working internally with operations teams and executive management to provide performance analyses on the company’s asset management line of business.
This role is tailored to a self-starter with stratospheric career aspirations, gaining high visibility and making a direct impact on the business.
The skill set for this role requires a strong quantitative finance and operations background with the ability to translate and synthesize large quantities of data into concise reports. A process-oriented mind with a drive to build, enhance and manage is required. “Ninja” level Excel skills are a must.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Own the intake and “cleansing” process of client portfolio data files;
- Work with the Operations teams in segmenting data files for analytical purposes;
- Build and maintain financial models for the purposes of performing asset valuation analyses;
- Enhance operational processes related to client portfolio servicing;
- Construct ad hoc queries (SQL, MS Access, etc.) to extract raw data from various data sources;
- Work directly with internal management and clients to develop external reporting specifications;
- Drive systems development to manage performance reporting;
- Perform data integrity checks on all reports and analytical output;
- Enhances, implements, and develops new policies and procedures that improve efficiency in client portfolio management
- Perform client trust account reconciliation;
- Preparing ad-hoc analyses as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration with a minimum of three (3) years related experience with progressive responsibilities;
- Excellent analytical skills, decision making and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- SQL experience desired;
- Expert MS Excel skills including use of multi-argument functions, Pivot tables, query functions and graphs/charts required. Capability in Macros/VB preferred;
- Proven ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner;
- Experience driving the development of system-generated reporting and working with technical teams;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills;
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.