Software QA Engineer III
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Software Development
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
· As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, you will deliver detailed plans and milestones and be ready for intense peer reviews by cross functional teams
· Acquire and or demonstrate domain knowledge in the insurance domain and lead functional specification reviews
· Provide leadership and direction in the tools, processes and use of quality metrics
· Ensure that products meet exacting requirements for accuracy and explicit and or implicit validation of scientific/ financial methodologies
· Implement and/or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the SDLC
· Create and manage performance, scalability and stress testing methodologies and metrics for the entire range of user experience and product family
· Graduate or Undergraduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics from a reputable academic institution with excellent credentials
· Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality in order to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our solutions
· Agility and innovation in delivering high quality products on time in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving company
· Experience and expertise with commercial automation tools is essential, as automation is the lifeline for meeting the challenges of validating the complex and large size of our applications
· Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate complex technical issues and be ready to make coherent presentations of your findings to review groups
· Thorough understanding and hands on experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL, with ability to mentor and train others; SQL scripting is an integral part of quality assurance activities at AIR
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, in order to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skillsets
· Knowledge and thorough understanding of product development life cycles to ensure success in the critical role of quality assurance
· Logical and clear thinker having made process-driven decisions
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.