Specialist, Cyber Data (Future Openings 2020)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We have future openings for Cyber Specialists across our Verisk and AIR business teams. Our Cyber Specialists will help to lead the business discussions and demonstrate value proposition to clients about building and using cyber risk data and models. As a Specialist in Cyber Data, you will be responsible to develop and drive the scope, execution and launch of multiple cyber datasets. You will bring a customer focus to the complex process of building and releasing cyber datasets and models.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the insurance or risk management industry with a strong technology related background, a blend of business and techno-functional skills.
Our Specialists in Cyber Data will:
- Engage with external clients regularly to understand the overall business value, gather requirements, feedback and detailed use cases
- Coordinate across multiple internal teams, including Product Management, QA, Software, Business Development, Client Services and Research
- Represent the organization as a domain expert in various internal and external venues
- Drive the model development process from beginning to end, starting with project definition and scope all the way to software release; create and maintain project scope, requirements and schedules; provide progress updates to stakeholders; review and provide feedback on testing strategies
- Maintain and support models between updates; respond to internal and external client questions and issues
- BS Degree in science, technical or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5 years’ related experience with leadership experience in an insurance industry/technical environment
- Demonstrated ability in managing long term complex projects that include cross functional teams to successful completion
- Experience with catastrophe modeling or insurance risk selection/portfolio management
- Knowledge of concepts like stochastic modeling, portfolio management and catastrophe modeling platforms is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to articulate complex topics in a concise and easily understandable way
- Experience in Agile preferred
- Knowledge about (Re)Insurance is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.