Data Center Operator II
- Somerset, New Jersey, United States
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a Technical Operations Center cloud operator who will be able to provide quality technical support for our network, server and cloud environments (mainframe experience is a plus) with hardware infrastructure and data center operations experience as well as experience using system monitoring tools and performing problem management activities.
• Provide technical support in major area of responsibility (cloud operations, network operations, server operations, system monitoring, problem management, request management).
• Assist in developing and implementing new processes and procedures, as well as perform updates to current documentations in our knowledge base repository.
• Document problems in our incident management system, providing detailed information and analysis.
• Complete special projects and related responsibilities as assigned.
• 1-3 years of experience in an AWS Cloud environment
• Working knowledge of Technical Operations Center’s hardware, software and processes in a large-scale Data Center environment.
• Working knowledge on the following monitoring tools: Omegamon, Solarwinds, ServiceNow, New Relic.
• Provide various software support as well as various hardware support; some examples for hardware is HP and IBM servers and blade centers.
• Basic knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Netscaler, zVM/zLinux as well as other technologies like VMWare, AWS Cloud, Nutanix.
• Basic knowledge of Network Technologies, such as routers, switches, circuits and firewalls.
• Provide Disaster Recovery support such as the ability to execute backups and restores via CommVault.
• Ability to proactively anticipate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems in all areas.
• Understanding of System and Application Monitoring, Change Management and Problem Management.
• Able to work well individually with peers and with vendors in order to maintain availability for all Data Center Network, Mainframe and Server equipment both locally and at remote locations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot at an advanced level, communicate details clearly with co-workers and Team Lead.
• Help Desk and Customer Service experience.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.