Manager - Cards, Lending and Risk Solutions
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Argus
- Department: Operations
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Argus (a Verisk Analytics business) integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
With a strong emphasis on analytics, the successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging Argus’s strengths in understanding and then improving our client’s businesses. Through in-depth analysis of a client’s business, you will apply benchmarking techniques to identify areas of strength and weakness and then prepare and submit recommendations to clients (both written and oral) to optimize the effectiveness of our client’s businesses.
- Performs expert consulting support to clients predominately in the consumer banking space but with scope to engage a wide spectrum of industries
- Understands client’s needs and structures detailed work plans that can be executed from abstract and vague objectives
- Manages and leads analytical projects leveraging a unique, industry leading data set, to recommend, review and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on the P&L of clients
- Owns multiple client relationships with responsibilities for day-to-day communications and project management while mentoring junior members of the team
- Synthesizes large volumes of data into clear, concise client presentations using best-in-class visualization techniques, clearly written commentary, strong verbal communication skills and leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and understanding of client’s business
- Identification and follow-through of sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree – advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in the consumer banking industry, credit card experience favourable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with stakeholders essential, client facing or senior management exposure advantageous
- Data analytic experience with SQL (preferred) and/or SAS or other data mining or statistical software
- Proven experience of solving business problems by leveraging data to deliver meaningful insight and actionable outcomes
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Project management, scheduling and planning
- Must be able to lead a team, use judgment and operate under ambiguity
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.