- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
For the past 45 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward- looking insight for the world’s most innovative organisations.
Our teams are located around the world, and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal clients.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
The successful candidate will play a key role in our growing APAC Power & Renewables consulting practice by leading the management and delivery of a variety of strategic/commercial consulting projects. You will be on the leading edge of industry events, working with world class clients and talent.
As a Managing Consulting, you are a front line leader. The role requires a high level of creative thinking and problem solving ability combined with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate will frequently engage with and work alongside senior client teams as they engage with our APAC and global customers.
As a Managing Consulting at Wood Mackenzie you will lead the successful delivery of consulting projects:
- Understanding the global and regional energy market dynamics, being able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
- Structuring overall engagement objectives in line with the client’s issues and needs
- Developing an effective work plan and organizing proper resources for the projects
- Providing clear, focused support and expertise to your team in structuring and solving problems
- Managing the workload while coaching team members to ensure a successful delivery
- Communicating recommendations and sensitive messages to senior level client audience
- Researching the client organization and industry, conducting interviews and facilitating workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders
- Identifying business development of follow-on work opportunities
- Executing new project scoping, lead discussions and work proposal drafting
- Training, coaching and mentoring junior consultants
- Generating innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues and participating in new offering development
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering or finance; master's and/or MBA preferred
- Previous experience (5+ years) at a consulting firm, IPP, development company, infrastructure fund, bank, or other such analytical role at a renowned company in the power & renewables industry
- Demonstrated broad industry knowledge combined with sharp business acumen power & renewables and energy transition issues
- Experience with power market modeling, market profiling, market and commercial due diligence, risk identification and mitigation and high level technology assessments
- Strong leadership skills to motivate your team and drive change in your client’s environment
- Distinctive entrepreneurial mind set
- Previous international work experience is a plus
- Exposure to corporate strategy projects a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory; fluency in an Asian language is a major plus
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie’s success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to [email protected]
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.