Senior Model Validation Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Technology
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Do you have a passion for math and the sciences? Do concepts in data engineering and data science interest you? Does the opportunity to learn and validate the recent developments in the science and the engineering behind catastrophe modeling interest you? Well, we have a great opportunity for you that will have you work with the best, and develop you to take ownership of various projects and processes.
· Author and present technical documents of analytical work
· Drive development of detailed test plans and timely execution and delivery of multiple products that have concurrent delivery schedules
· Responsible to prepare technical model studies and requirements documents
· Perform advanced statistical and mathematical insurance analytics tasks to validate model outputs and complete such projects with minimal supervision
· Ensure that products meet exacting requirements for accuracy and explicit and or implicit validation of scientific/ financial algorithms
· Design and Implement key quality metrics to track progress, provide status and enable transparency and timeliness in the product delivery decision making process
· Implement and or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the life cycle
· Collaborate with peer teams to facilitate timely completion of projects
· Ability to multitask and manage concurrent delivery of multiple enterprise grade products
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics
· Experience with large data sets analysis and manipulation
· Experience with either statistical, mathematical software packages; or generally with analytical software
· Experience with designing and /or validating numerical probabilistic models in engineering, science, catastrophe modeling, finance, actuarial science, etc.
· Programming skills that include: numerical, scientific and databases programming
· Proven analytical and problem-solving quantitative abilities
· Excellent attention to detail and experience working in distributed with diverse cultural backgrounds
· Superior verbal and written communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skill sets
· Knowledge of product development life cycles to ensure the critical role of quality assurance teams
· Logical and clear thinker having made sound process driven decision
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.