Expert Data Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate, Inc.
- Department: Analytics Community
PowerAdvocate, a Verisk Analytics business, leads the energy data industry by providing energy companies with clarity into their complex data. Our Energy FactBase, currently at $3+ trillion and growing, helps customers to create operational and financial excellence. We help our clients to understand how they can leverage our unique view of the marketplace to reduce costs and manage operation risk working with executives on the cutting edge in the power, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors.
Does your perfect day consist of analyzing complex information to find useful insights and connections? Do you like to slice-and-dice data to provide critical solutions that are useful to the company and its clients – or do you like to just do it for fun? If you have a strong desire to learn new tools and technologies to solve business problems, then we have the job for you.
PowerAdvocate is seeking an Expert Data Analyst to join our growing company, providing cutting edge intelligence to improve the energy industry. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment, and wants to enrich data to deliver superior customer results.
As an Expert Data Analyst within PowerAdvocate’s Spend Intelligence Group you will use your keen eye for detail, your creative analytical skills, and your love for working in a team to help PowerAdvocate maintain its leadership position in energy information. The Expert Data Analyst is a key member of the Spend Intelligence Group, responsible for the data aggregation, normalization, classification and enhancement process which turns raw customer spend data into PowerAdvocate Spend Intelligence. The analyst will utilize robust technology tools and energy industry knowledge to create a truly unique product that is one of PowerAdvocate’s fastest growing solutions.
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
• Perform data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, analysis and QA of large datasets
• Research energy industry data to accurately and granularly classify spend into industry-specific schema
• Gain familiarity with energy industry suppliers and their services and products in order to accurately and granularly classify spend
• Build data intelligence around business rules to deliver reportable and actionable information to stakeholders
• Participate on a self-managed Agile Scrum team, an innovation PowerAdvocate has adapted from the software development domain
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-5 years’ experience
• Exceptional analytical, organizational, problem solving, and time management skills with attention to detail
• Proven ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple tasks and/or projects with changing priorities and to communicate effectively at all levels
• Likes the balance of working independently and being a member of a team
• Enjoys organizing large data sets, identifying discrepancies, and making appropriate adjustments
• Experience with Excel to solve complex quantitative problems and analyze data
• Demonstrated a willingness to think creatively and offer new ideas to solve problems
• Experience in the energy industry
• Proficiency with databases
• Experience in spend analysis
• Fluent in technical Spanish
• Some programming experience
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.