- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Research
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
As a member of AIR’s Model Documentation team, you will support our clients by working with AIR researchers to produce and publish documents describing the science and engineering behind AIR’s suite of catastrophe risk models. The Model Documentation team is part of AIR’s Software Development Group and operates out of AIR’s headquarters in Boston, MA. You will manage the drafting and editing of new and updated technical documentation, work with internal stakeholders from multiple other groups, and support AIR’s online catalog of client documentation.
- Write, edit, and publish high-quality single-source product model documentation authored in DITA XML using Oxygen XML Author and the company’s source control system.
- Collaborate with AIR researchers to structure and write technical documentation that describes for the lay reader scientific concepts and the statistical methods used to simulate natural and man-made catastrophic events. Coordinate internal reviews of the documentation.
- Write change management documents that describe the impact of model updates on insurers’ potential losses.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in English, Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or related field. Advanced degree and coursework a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in high-tech computer industry designing, developing, and delivering online content.
- One or more years’ experience developing DITA-based authoring and content management solutions. Experience developing and maintaining detailed specifications for the publishing infrastructure and its associated tools. Experience using Oxygen or another XML authoring tool.
- Ability to develop and maintain documents that contain a large number of DITA files.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated experience in advancing multiple concurrent projects. Strong attention to detail and ability to apply critical thinking required.
- Experience writing topic-based content for a technically sophisticated audience. Ability to interview technical staff to obtain information and/or confirm logical or procedural components of the models.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, including the use of Styles; basic chart plotting in Excel. Exceptional structuring, editing, written and verbal English communication skills.
- Familiarity with probability and statistics.
- ESRI ArcMap (ArcGIS) skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.