Senior Software Engineer II - C# Expert
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Information Technology
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
- You will learn and understand the existing Product architecture and database design of AIR products
- Contribute to the development, which may span across multiple products with middleware components in a smart client, SOA architecture using C#, WPF, WCF, Entity Framework, LINQ and design pattern- MVVM
- You will develop unit tests for newly implemented components in MS Visual Studio
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes
- Develop data models and stored procedures by following best practices in view of performance, scalability and security
- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, UDFs etc.
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Must Have :
- 3-12 years of experience in developing commercial-grade .NET applications using C# as the programming language with SQL server as the data base.
- Should have good understanding of .NET framework
- Should have good experience on WCF and WPF
- Should have good knowledge on best practices for data access
- Should have experience on LINQ and Entity Framework
- Should have experience in designing the architectures using design patterns
- OOP/Object/Component-oriented design and programming
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
- Code reviews, pair programming
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Should be familiar with version controlling packages like TFS/VSS
- Strong working experience and knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and above with proficiency in performance tuning, troubleshooting and writing T-SQL in an application centric environment
- Skilled at writing and optimizing large complicated stored procedures
- Strong understanding on SQL Server concepts, Execution Plans & SQL Profiler etc. Working experience on dynamic SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Be aware of potential blocking, deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unit testing frameworks for C#/.NET
- Code refactoring tools such as Resharper
- Microsoft BI stack - SSIS/SSAS/SSRS
- Infragistics controls experience
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.