Sr. Software Engineer (.NET/C#)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Technology
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with C# and WPF experience to join AIR’s growing Software Development team. Our expert software engineering team provides our clients with sophisticated modeling and analytical products to analyze the impact of catastrophic events like hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks and estimate the replacement value of residential and commercial properties.
In order to be qualified for this role you must have a deep understanding of smart-client design as well as have familiarity with different design technologies, paradigms and application frameworks
- You will design frontend and middleware components in a smart client, SOA architecture using C#, WCF, WPF, Design pattern- MVVM.
- You will implement the presentation layer with WPF and ‘Infragistics .NetAdvantage’ suite as well as the business service layer with Microsoft C#, .Net Framework
- Collaborate with developers across tiers
- You will develop unit tests for newly implemented components in MS Visual Studio
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes.
Required-- Must have the following technical expertise:
- 7+ years of commercial-grade software development
- 3+ years of WPF, WCF and must be fluent in MVVM architecture.
- Experience with XAML markup (not just Blend drag-drop design)
- Familiarity with user-centered design methodologies and best practices in UI/UX design
- 1+ years of experience with Infragistics controls.
- 3+ years of C# development
- OOP/Object/Component-oriented design and programming
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
Optional-- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Unit testing frameworks for C#/.NET
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Code reviews, some pair programming
- SQL Server™/T-SQL/ADO.NET/ORM
- PRISM, MEF
Education and Training
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.