Regional Consultant, Americas
- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Consulting
Regional Consulting Group, Americas Role Houston, TX
Job Description Company
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest `challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
As a member of the Americas consulting team, you will be involved in all aspects of the consulting process, from development to execution. You will analyze complex problems, using and developing your business judgement and ability to persuasively communicate insights and conclusions.
This role will be part of our Regional Consulting Group (RCG), which consists of Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants who work on consulting projects across Wood Mackenzie’s sectors such as Upstream, Gas & LNG, Downstream and Mining.
This role requires a high level of creative thinking and problem-solving ability combined with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate will frequently engage with and work alongside senior client teams and must be prepared for regular travel throughout the Americas region and, on occasion, globally.
Our consultants have outstanding credentials, first-class connections with decision-makers in the energy and natural resource industries, and an unrivalled knowledge of regional and local markets.
- As a member of the Americas Regional Consulting Group, you will drive consulting work streams of varying size and complexity appropriate to your level:
- Structure and complete analyses to deliver insight to the client
- Build compelling presentations conveying key messages concisely
- Lead content discussions within your project team
- Present your recommendations with poise and confidence to senior audiences
- Assist other team members to ensure successful delivery
- Train and coach junior team members on day-to-day consulting tasks as appropriate to your level
- Take a proactive role in the recruiting process
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as business, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering; MBA or Masters is a plus
- 0-6 years' experience in management consulting, finance and/or a commercial/analytical role in the energy or natural resources sector
- Team-oriented, yet able to drive own work independently
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and a high level of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills to adapt rapidly to diverse environments
- Keen interest in the global energy and/or metals industries
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Fluency in English is mandatory; Spanish or other languages a plus
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis-you identify relevant themes, problems and issues. You identify a broad range of solutions that tackle the root cause of the problem.
- Client focused- you are dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients. You seek out and use information on products and services to make improvements.
- Efficiency focused- you find ways to do things to ensure quality, accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Determined and resilient - you work hard, take pride in what you do, recover from setbacks and keep going when times are tough.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships- you understand your impact on, and how to work with others. You share ideas and experience to achieve objectives.
- Communication- you are able to communicate effectively in a global context, utilising technologies in a way that ensures mutual understanding.
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.