- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Sales
Wood Mackenzie is looking for a Salesforce Administrator with excellent teamwork and communication skills to join our industry-leading data analytics company. This role requires a Salesforce champion who is motivated, team oriented and passionate about SF technology to support the Business to optimise value from the Salesforce tool.
If you are looking to step-up in your career in an industry that matters, and work for a company which has a significant and growing impact in the world. If career development and having a sense of purpose and contribution is important to you, we want to hear from you!
The Commercial Operations team uses a data analytical led approach to improve structure, process, systems and skillset to further evolve the sales and sales support functions. In turn, this will drive a more effective and efficient operating model which will result in increased business performance, improved customer experience and greater employee engagement. Commercial Operations is recognised as playing a central role in the achievement of the Company’s business goals.
The Salesforce (SF) Administrator will understand and proactively monitor all aspects of the SF configuration and technical / functional capabilities. Execute all configuration changes related to the Salesforce release upgrades, work with third-party integrations and support business change initiatives with optimized reporting and dashboards. This role will review, analyse and evaluate business systems while possessing the ability to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage SF and its related tools to support additional business processes and/or functions.
- Manage the Salesforce.com organisation
- Provide routine support and user maintenance for SF – new starters, position changes, profile changes, leavers, user lockouts and password resets
- Install and configure SF packages
- Design, configure and administer SF including, but not limited to, Apex codes and supporting test classes, Custom objects, Workflow rules, Custom fields, Validation Rules and Visual Force pages
- Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting
- Support the integration of 3rd party applications with the internal organisation; Extends third-party product and platform integrations and their dependencies on Salesforce
- Work with SF to understand their platform roadmap and how to apply enhancements to internal business challenges
- Initiate, plan and execute projects
- Performing ongoing SF administration (managing roles and profiles, defining/creating fields, updating layouts, and report/dashboard creation)
- Daily administration and support of SF system (create users, monitor cases and integration inbox)
- Responding to support queries, resolving issues directly where possible and escalating to the IT technical team where necessary
- Keeping abreast of new SF features and functionality
- Perform enhancements or maintenance to existing applications when needed
- Assist and lead release deployments and any related data migrations
- Manages the process to deploy updates, enhancements, and new system functionality
- Manages outsources SF implementation partners (consultants) as required
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SF
- Execute other assigned tasks as delegated
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience as a SF administrator with technical implementation, day-to-day operations, and long-term maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business-related experience desirable
- Possess deep knowledge and experience with entire SF suite of products, expertise in SF architecture, processes/flows, testing and deployment, and wide exposure to 3rd party applications and integrations
- SF admin and/or developer/app builder certifications
- Knowledge of Salesforce CPQ (desirable)
- Deep understanding of SF (both Sales and Service Cloud) technical requirements, system configuration
- Experience in project management
- Experience with unit testing, deploying change sets from SF sandbox environments, and familiar with common software development practices and methodologies
- Mid-level or better Excel skills
- Experience with SQL, Reports, Dashboards, and Visualforce
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Planning, implementation and control
- Efficiency focused
- Customer focused
- Assertive and influential
- Determined and resilient
What you'll get
Along with competitive pay and discretionary performance award, Wood Mackenzie offers 10% non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible benefits (including life assurance, group income protection, critical illness, dental and travel insurance, & more). In addition, you will be offered a personal invitation to join the Verisk Analytics Sharesave Plan which gives you the opportunity to buy discounted shares in Verisk Analytics Inc in 3 years' time.
For the past 45 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a leading research and consultancy business for the global energy, chemicals, metals and mining industries.
Today we are part of the Verisk family which has broadened our data and analytics platform and strengthened our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies which has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists.
What You’ll Love About Verisk
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.