- London, UK
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Sales
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 50 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
We are currently looking for intelligent, highly motivated, entrepreneurs to join our Business Development team. Initially, we will ask that you learn the science and statistics that underpin our models. You will work closely with our clients and prospects to understand their business needs, with a view to creating and expanding those relationships and ultimately growing AIR’s market share.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Improve our market penetration among insurers, reinsurers, Syndicates and other financial intermediaries in the expanding business of catastrophe risk management and property valuation
· Manage major client accounts to ensure retention and to identify new sales opportunities
· Work with qualified prospects to demonstrate how AIR’s and Verisk’s leading-edge products will meet their needs
· Work with a high-powered team of professionals to understand sophisticated risk-modeling techniques and to identify new marketing approaches
· Prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly goals and objectives and track the company’s progress in achieving them
· Assist in developing marketing materials and presentations for clients and prospects that manage large investment and insurance portfolios
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with business development, marketing or sales in the software, technology, or insurance industries
· Ability to follow through the sales process from initiating to closing the sale
· Aptitude for working with complex software applications
· Excellent communication and demonstration skills
· Self motivated and ability to work autonomously
· Knowledge of at least one of the following areas a plus:
· P&C insurance industry
· Risk management software applications
· Underwriting or actuarial experience a plus
· Some travel required
· Proven track record in sales or solid potential
· 3+ years of business development, sales or marketing experience
· BS or BA degree in a quantitative field
· MBA or MS Management desirable
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.