Manager, Growth Strategy Team
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate, Inc.
- Department: Sales
PowerAdvocate, a Verisk Analytics business, leads the energy data industry by providing energy companies with clarity into their complex data. Our Energy FactBase, currently at $3+ trillion and growing, helps customers to create operational and financial excellence. We help our clients to understand how they can leverage our unique view of the marketplace to reduce costs and manage operation risk working with executives on the cutting edge in the power, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors.
PowerAdvocate is a fast-growing company at the intersection of technology, big data, and energy. We are looking for driven, self-starting individuals to help drive strategy, sales, and marketing efforts in our Oil & Gas and International Energy business unit.
You will play a critical role in leading our customer engagement efforts and driving strategic, aggressive future company growth. Unlike traditional roles at many other software companies, you will have the opportunity to manage efforts across the customer relationship lifecycle – from strategy creation to lead generation to deal closing – gaining an unparalleled level of autonomy, responsibility, and client exposure. A sampling of common activities include:
• Developing sales and marketing strategies for new customer acquisition
• Expanding business relationships with our current customer base
• Managing sales processes across our suite of technology products
• Regularly interfacing with top energy industry executives
• Synthesizing complex data insights into meaningful, provocative narratives
• Fully owning account relationships and outcomes
• Helping form the team’s market entry strategies
• Leading team projects and managing Associates
• Includes travel to client sites primarily in the U.S.
Who are We Looking For?
We are looking for individuals who are smart, ambitious, eager to learn, and who want to work in a collaborative, team-based environment. Some other things we are looking for include:
• Degree from a top tier undergraduate program (MBA a plus, but not required)
• 2+ years of professional work experience (consulting background preferred)
• Strong analytical abilities and comfort with data
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and challenges independently
• Preference for a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture
• Exceptional workplan management skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.