Principal Americas Consulting
- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
The successful candidate will take the lead in delivering strategic and actionable insights and analysis to help our clients answer their most important strategic questions. The role also includes developing Wood Mackenzie’s Consulting offerings into new markets in the Americas region and supporting business development in more established Americas markets. They will have direct exposure to working with clients across multiple energy value chains and be part of a fast growing global consulting team which has achieved double digit yearly growth over the last five years.
The role holder’s key responsibilities will be to support the growth of the Americas consulting practice in the Americas region by managing consulting projects on time, scope and budget. The individual will have to be able to proactively develop and manage the relationship which exists between Wood Mackenzie and its key clients with respect to Americas Consulting. The role will require frequent engagement with clients throughout the region. This will specifically entail:
- To support the Americas Consulting sector leads with regional business development
- Developing networks and relationships across both the oil & gas and/or power & renewables community that leads to a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and therefore future consulting requirements
- Working closely with the global consulting group to promote best practices in our existing offerings and take a key role in the future development of the consulting offerings
The role is high-profile both internally and externally and influential in Wood Mackenzie achieving its goals both across the Americas region but also globally.
- Manage consulting projects across the Americas (From Canada to Argentina) and in other parts of world when required, delivering and executing projects in scope, time and budget.
- Coordinate and lead Management Consultants for seamless project execution
- Actively participate in client mandates working with team and clients to ensure high quality, insightful results
- Ensure commitments to client can be met and that pitching activity is aligned with business strategy
- Improve operational process for life cycle of consulting assignments and ensure processes are embedded across broader research and consulting team members
- Work closely with the sales and account management teams and ensure consistent and good working relationships exist. Facilitate their involvement in key consulting assignments to help increase content knowledge and deepen client relationships.
- Pro-actively maintain a high-level of client interaction across the region, with specific focus on key clients, to source and develop strong relationships and a solid, repeatable, profitable consulting business
- Promote best practices in terms of business development across the Upstream consulting group and the sales and account management division
- Work with the broader consulting team to scope and write pitches ensuring quality, appropriate pricing, etc.
- Building and maintaining the appropriate internal network (across consulting, research and sales and account management) to deliver the best possible outcome for both Wood Mackenzie and its clients
- Generation of innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues, both within particular assignments and to the consulting practice as a whole
- Engage with and develop senior level client community to demonstrate and debate strategic industry issues and perspectives.
- Working with colleagues in across sector consulting teams – Upstream, Gas & LNG, Power & Renewables, Downstream/Chemicals, and Metals & Mining – to ensure good coordination across the value chain for our clients.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, MBA is a nice to have
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a project manager in an energy, utilities, or mining focused consulting role or a strategic project management/advisor role within the oil and gas, chemicals, utilities, or mining industry
- Strong understanding of the extractive industries or commodity value chains
- Strong understanding of operations, business models and strategies
- Experience managing and executing consulting engagements
- Experience in business development, specifically around developing a consulting scope of work and associated work-plans
- Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide-range of subjects and themes
- Client focused: you are dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients. You seek out and use information on products and services to make improvements
- Communication: you are able to communicate effectively in a global context, utilising technologies in a way that ensures mutual understanding
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis: you identify relevant themes, problems and issues. You identify a broad range of solutions that tackle the root cause of the problem
- Efficiency focused: you find ways to do things to ensure quality, accuracy and cost effectiveness
- Collaboration: you collaborate and cooperate with others to achieve goals and contribute to a unified working environment
- Lifelong learning - you continually look for opportunities to learn and to share knowledge pro-actively with colleagues
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to [email protected].
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.