Senior Energy Storage Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
We are looking for a Senior Energy Storage Analyst to join Wood Mackenzie’s Energy Transition team in the United States. The Energy Transition research team is a highly respected group of analysts producing market-leading research on the entire renewable energy value chain. Our cutting-edge knowledge of energy storage market opportunities and project economics further strengthens Wood Mackenzie's offerings in the market during this rapidly changing time in the energy sector.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for analysis of the U.S. energy storage market with a focus on wholesale market opportunities and economic analysis. As the regional thought leader, he/she will be the internal and external point of contact for energy storage wholesale market applications and how they affect broader energy storage trends in the U.S. Key responsibilities of the role will include modeling energy storage economics in markets, writing reports, tracking and analyzing energy storage policy and market participation models, communicating with key industry stakeholders, tracking U.S. energy storage activity and forecasting applications, project economics, and market trends and opportunities.
The Senior Analyst will work closely with the Head of Energy Storage, the global Energy Storage team, and across the Energy Transition teams when appropriate, to ensure the timely and accurate provision of all relevant data and insight.
The Senior Analyst is expected to conduct original quantitative and qualitative research on the market and deliver analysis through written reports, public speaking, addressing customer inquiries and custom research engagements and/or consulting projects. He/ she is also expected to correspond with, present to, and advise if necessary main stakeholders within U.S. energy storage industry on analysis regarding the energy storage landscape and current and future economic trends.
About you and how you can excel in this role
Wood Mackenzie’s Energy Transition practice promotes analysts as industry experts and as such, analysts must be thoughtful, intellectually curious, creative and comfortable presenting to public audiences and interacting with small and large groups of executives.
You have an analytical mindset and an eye for detail, which has been proven in your work experience to date, therefore you are comfortable taking complex, disparate ideas and distil them into simple, provocative concepts.
You are a natural self-starter who can work independently and generate the ideas you want to share by leveraging and expanding your industry network. You are comfortable disrupting your routine as you will be constantly looking to learn and provide in-depth analysis on industry trends and innovative market dynamics.
- Monitor all U.S. wholesale market opportunities for energy storage participation, including across capacity, ancillary services, and energy markets where appropriate
- Model energy storage participation and project economics across ISOs, including accounting for multiple revenue streams and the requirements of applicable participation rules and models
- Own and be the project lead for all U.S. energy storage products tracking wholesale market participation
- Track all relevant ISO, state, and federal legislation, working groups, and regulatory proceedings and orders to ensure an accurate accounting of the potential for energy storage participation in organized markets
- Leverage economic models to create insight into total market opportunity for energy storage within wholesale markets
- Monitor and maintain relevant data sets, including curating automated data outputs from ISOs
- Liaise with the Research Analysts and the broader Energy Transition team on an ongoing basis to ensure the timely and accurate provision of all relevant data, analyses and forecasts
- Contribute to scheduled Energy Storage publications and generate timely insights through one-off reports on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with other analysts globally to leverage best practices across the organization
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the U.S. energy storage sector
- Support specific consulting assignments related to energy storage as needed
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
For the past 45 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward- looking insight for the world’s most innovative organizations.
Our teams are located around the world and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal clients.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are part of a company that has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
What you’ll love about Verisk
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.