- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Verisk Business: G2 Web Services
- Department: Engineering
G2 Web Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and a leading global provider of merchant risk management solutions, including due diligence, compliance, and fraud protection. G2 helps acquirers and other payment providers take on the appropriate level of risk in their merchant portfolios, while protecting against brand damage, illegal activity and noncompliance assessments. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
G2 is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us modernize our integration, testing and deployment pipeline and will be a critical part in delivering our next-generation platform solutions. This role requires a highly motivated individual capable of working independently in a rapidly evolving technical environment. The ideal candidate will be someone with a hybrid developer/sysadmin background who is comfortable in a Linux environment.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Familiarity with Chef, Docker, Jenkins
- Experience building and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with AWS technology and methodologies
- Understanding of Web development technologies will be a definite plus
- Security minded individual that can balance the tradeoffs of security vs functionality
- BS in Computer science or related field
What you will be doing:
- Working with the IT and technology teams to define and implement CI/CD best practices and guiding the deployment through a practical set of Pipelines.
- Help the team mature our automated deployment and container utilization strategies, reducing deployment friction and greatly improving code to production velocity.
- Work with our IT, Security and Development teams to ensure a practical and secure cloud deployment strategy.
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting Linux systems in a production environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting IT Helpdesk and end users
- Ability to build and maintain process automation scripts to improve efficiencies in administering multiple systems, users and groups.
- Has strong written and verbal communication. Has the ability to write documentation and convey complex ideas in a way that the intended audience is able to understand.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to potential contributing components and reach a determination on cause factors and their resolution.
- Ability to incorporate daily sustaining roles with progress on strategic improvements, issues, deciding what requires the greatest immediate attention and coordination actions to layer focus for maximum efficiency
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.