- Madison, WI, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Field Respresentatives/Survey/Processing
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
ISO is looking to hire Field Representatives in locations across the United States. This role is 100% remote.
Your major responsibilities will involve:
- Completing commercial property building surveys
- Scheduling appointments
- Traveling to property sites
- Gathering underwriting information
- Completing the appropriate form via a computer or mobile device
- Calculating square footage and percentages
- Drawing CAD diagrams and taking digital photos or videos
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
- Knowledge of commercial lines underwriting and loss control concepts
Knowledge of current and historic commercial building construction practices, methods and materials
Identification and evaluation of fire protection systems
- Prior experience conducting surveys - commercial property, inland marine, construction, commercial automobile, or workers’ compensation
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, inspect, gather data, and describe all aspects of a property/building/business under exposure to various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) and with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds and climbing of stairs and ladders, accessing building roofs, and working in all type of neighborhoods and environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computer and mobile device applications - MSWord and Excel, Maps, CAD experience a plus
- Ability to work independently; efficiently plan and prioritize assigned work
- Strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s license
The position requires some overnight travel, and you will work from your office at home to complete all work assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred and one year of related experience.
- Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and secure transportation to and from all sites. This will
- involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency using computers and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies required. Overnight travel (in and out of state) required in accordance with business needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.