- München, Deutschland
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Abteilung: Consulting
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
As a member of AIR's Consulting Services team, your mission is to help our clients do their job better.
You will use your technical, analytic, project management and communication skills to ensure our clients understand how to manage their catastrophe risk profile. In this you will work closely with insurance/reinsurance underwriters, actuarial professionals, research scientists, and investment bankers, among others. As part of a high-powered team of professionals we expect you to take ownership of your projects and tasks and bring in ideas how we can improve.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Help clients resolve any kind of questions they encounter when using our software and models and support them to reliably assess and manage their catastrophe loss potential.
- Assist in coordination of software updates and releases.
- Design and deliver training to our clients, both in our Munich office and at client offices.
- Recommend new approaches to risk management for AIR and our clients.
- Perform sophisticated risk analyses using AIR's cutting-edge technology for insurers, brokers, and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of catastrophe risk management.
- Communicate directly with clients to develop project timelines and manage deliverable expectations.
- Develop and maintain product expertise.
- Consistently provide prompt, knowledgeable client support.
- Represent AIR at market events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Results oriented work attitude
- Data analysis using SQL, MS Access or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of statistics and business
- Actuarial or underwriting industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, actuarial science, engineering, physics, geo-sciences and business or computer science.
- Masters or PhD preferred
- Experience in consulting or insurance fields preferred
- Fluent German speaker
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.