- Beijing, China
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Research
AIR Worldwide, Beijing Representative Office, is looking for a highly passionate, motivated individual to join the Consulting and Client Services Group in their Beijing office. This is a highly client facing role and your responsibilities will include client account management, client training, leading consulting projects as well as answering client questions.
You will also use technical, analytical, and project management skills to work with clients to enhance their usage of the AIR suite of solutions and help troubleshoot any software-related issues. You will work closely across the software development and product management teams to solve client issues.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in science, engineering or mathematics and some experience in the catastrophe modelling or actuarial industry. Proficiency with catastrophe modeling tools or software is highly preferable. Proficiency in English and Chinese oral and written communication is a must, particularly the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to)
· Training clients on using Touchstone and Touchstone Re and answering questions on AIR's suite of software products
· Perform sophisticated risk analyses using AIR's cutting-edge technology for Re/insurers, brokers, and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of catastrophe risk management
· Help solve client software and technical issues.
· Add value to modelled results through customization of output tailored to the needs of clients
· Communicate directly with clients to develop project timelines and manage deliverable expectations
· Help clients reliably assess and manage their catastrophe loss potential through interpretation of modelling results
· Recommend new approaches to risk management for AIR and our clients.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, a solid understanding of probability concepts, excellent problem-solving skills and a commitment to client services.
· Working knowledge of SQL/developing simple Excel Macro is required. knowledge of programming languages such as R and C# will be useful as well as the ability to use ArcGIS and/or Matlab.
· Excellent English communication, time management and organizational skills are also required.
· Experience using Microsoft Office is essential
· Good understanding of the Asia Pacific insurance/ reinsurance markets is preferred.
A Bachelors or higher degree in science, engineering or mathematics is preferable.
Any certification course in Insurance and Risk management is plus.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.