- Cambridge, UK
- Verisk Business: Geomni
- Department: Data Operations
GeomniUK is a division of Geomni. Geomni provides the most efficient platforms for multi-tier geospatial data and imagery acquisition. This imagery is primarily captured by our own fleet of fixed-wing aircraft across the United States but is also frequently acquired by the use of UAVs or ground imagery. We use the latest and greatest remote sensing and machine learning technologies to gather, store, process, and deliver the most accurate geographic and spatially referenced information. Our data analytics and imagery reach a vast array of markets, from property and casualty insurance claims, all the way to urban planning.
Geomni is a Verisk Analytics business (Nasdaq:VRSK)
- Undertake updates to UKMap through
- The identification of areas of change
- Implementation of changes/edits to the mapbase
- Attribution of changes based on online or fieldwork sourced information
- Undertake any other related tasks as directed.
- Attend regular team meeting and contribute by
- Reporting on progress and making accurate predictions for completion of allocated tasks
- Suggestions to help solve issues raised
- Ability to use desktop GIS (ArcMap)
- Ability to use and interpret aerial imagery.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to project work – able to switch between tasks at short notice.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to share knowledge with team.
- Contribute to the longer-term development of the UKMap product
- Degree qualified in at related discipline OR
- Experienced by past employment in a similar role
- An awareness of aerial photography
- Spatially aware
Job Closing Date: July 31st, 2019
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.