Employee Development Intern
- Lehi, UT, USA
- Verisk Business: Xactware
- Department: Training
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
· A current college student with current or past enrollment in courses related to training, communication, instructional design, or employee development.
· A desire to gain hands-on experience creating and managing employee training and development initiatives.
· The ability to set and achieve goals.
· Computer Skills: Windows OS navigation, Word Processing, Typing (40+ wpm), Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to quickly learn new computer applications
· Good work ethic with professional demeanor.
· Works well with others to complete team goals and team projects.
· Transportation to and from Xactware’s corporate office
· Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Maintain and improve all Employee Development events including: Spotlight Lunches, Product Training, Industry Training, Management Training, Meetup Events and others
· Coordinate with the Instructional Development team to create and refine training curriculum for all relevant training courses
· Assist instructors and subject matter experts in delivery of individual training events and programs
· Work with internal Xactware departments, customers, industry experts, and strategic relationships to coordinate and deliver training events and programs (per assigned domain)
· Completes all responsibilities as assigned by the Employee Development team
· Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned
· Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.