Front End Developer
- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Front End Developer
We are looking for a software developer to join our front end team. The role will require you to design and build new software, establish technical requirements and maintain and improve the current product suite. It offers a variety of technical challenges that arise through the building of complex front end applications, developed to project requirements and specifications from our in house design team.
You should be a good communicator and have the ability to work with other engineers in the team as well being comfortable liasing directly with colleagues in the wider company to understand requirements and business needs.
The role will be based in Bath, UK with flexibility for remote working in addition to flexible hours and substantial employee benefits. We’re 8/12 on Joels Scale and aiming for higher.
From your professional experience, we will be looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience working with front end web application frameworks (ideally Angular 4+)
- An eye for detail and takes pride in their work
- Work iteratively in collaboration with technology leads, business analysts, product owners to take UX designs to final production quality code
- Experience of working and interacting with UX/Visual designers and API developers
- Comfortable reviewing code of other engineers and providing constructive feedback
- Clear working knowledge of web applications, processes and supporting networking and systems
- Expert pixel-perfect CSS
- Experience of taking custom, high resolution application designs (Sketch) and implementing them in Angular/CSS solutions
You will need to demonstrate that you can:
- Problem solve
- Ask for assistance when needed
- Communicate effectively with your peers
- Plan and organise your time effectively
- Innovate and participate in improving our development process
Experience in Angular (currently we use Angular 6)
- TDD / BDD
- UI / e2e Testing
- Continuous Integration