Associate Manager, Client and Modeling Solutions
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
- Gathering, interpreting, and manipulating complex data sets to perform analysis
- Leveraging data analytics and modelling techniques to provide strategic insights
- Identifying issues and developing recommendations based on analytical insights
- Communicating key analytical findings to the team and to the client
- Preparing and delivering written analyses and verbal presentations
- Presenting information to senior management in different formats to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working under pressure to ensure the delivery of accurate and credible work to defined time frames
- Manage client relationships and support financial institutes by developing and building account management strategies for acquisition, pricing, retention, cross product profitability and right-sizing projects working cross-functionally with the institutions’ marketing, risk, collections, finance, and analytics/decisions sciences teams to address and achieve strategic objectives
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop a team of junior analyst
- Travelling to, and working at, client sites
- A good first or post-graduate degree in a relevant subject (such as statistics, industrial engineering, applied mathematics, economics, or computer science)
- 2 plus years of previous financial services or consulting experience in a related role
- Strong quantitative modelling and data analysis skills
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving in a team environment
- Familiarity with SQL and/or SAS is a plus as is competency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in managing others in project environments
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.