Business Analyst - Core Banking/Retail Banking
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Verisk Business: Argus
- Department: Information Technology
Regulatory Compliance requirements and enhanced Risk Management around capital efficiency are driving requirements for improved reporting tools & enhanced BI functionality worldwide. Globally Banks are increasingly under pressure for retention of accurate customers records and transaction details for KYC and Customer Single View. On the other hand business users expect increasing value add from BI and enhanced sales effectiveness for better understanding of customer behaviour, customer profitability and improving cross sell / upsell matrices. The quintessential ‘MIS’ is gradually evolving to a ‘Decision Platform’ to enable faster and more accurate decision making with the availability of reliable, relevant & consistent information and predictive analytics & heuristics. While the emergence of Cloud, SaaS based BI and Analytics tools & solutions will drive the next wave of adoption particularly amongst tier 3 Banks and Community Banks, Big Data; innovative channels / payment solutions will open opportunities for new-age BI and Analytics adoption and Mobile Computing will lead the next wave of Information Delivery.
Founded in 2006, Fintellix's vision is to be the partner of choice providing compliance, risk and analytics solutions to banks. We work exclusively with banks across geographies, enabling them to derive value from data. Fintellix has worked extensively with banks in India and Middle East helping them automate regulatory reporting submissions. Infact, Fintellix is the market leader for RBI (Indian Central Bank) ADF (Automated Data Flow) reporting in India.
At Fintellix, our only focus is Compliance, Risk & Analytics Solutions for Banking industry. Fintellix solves business problems in the Banking space completely & comprehensively by bringing the right mix of Products, Solution frameworks & Consulting. By adopting an integrated and holistic view to solving problems while providing flexibility & modularity, Fintellix is able to extract business value hidden in data across & beyond the Banking enterprise.
Fintellix’s solutions leverage the latest in Analytics, Data Sciences & Information Management technology embedding Big Data, Mobility & Cloud capabilities. Fintellix understands Banking & Banking data deeply and with a solution-oriented team of data scientists & banking technologists that is highly flexible, it ensures that working with Fintellix is a delightful experience.
Fintellix Solutions, a part of Argus Information and Advisory services, extends Argus’s expertise in the development of Enterprise Data Platforms and Solutions as well as expanding Argus’s reach into India, Asia, and the Middle East. Argus Information and Advisory Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and the leading provider of analytics, information and solutions to banks and their regulators. Argus helps its clients maximize the value of data and analytics to allocate and align resources to strategic objectives, manage and mitigate risk (default, fraud, funding, and compliance), and optimize financial objectives.
The acquisition of Fintellix positions Argus to expand data hosting and regulatory platforms and better address the increasingly complex needs of clients. Solutions are available for on-premises implementations as well as provisioning from Regional Cloud Infrastructure delivered by teams located in New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, London, Singapore, Dubai, Sydney, Mumbai & Melbourne as well as our Global Delivery Centre in Bangalore.
- Interview with business users and gather data and business requirements
- Document business requirements and translate business terms into language understandable by technologists
- Coordinate between other technology teams in obtaining data and other services
- Conduct analysis of data and business process
- Coordinate between the business users, development and support team on development, testing and release
- Develop report and presentation for change requests, development proposals, business cases and other controls
- At least 3-6+ years of Business Analyst experience in banking domains
- Understanding of corporate banking financial products and business process (FX, derivatives, loans, deposits and business process) or Retail banking products i.e. CASA, Retail lending, OD’s, Credit cards and some knowledge in Treasury, Trade Finance.
- Understanding of software development process
- Experience in SQL and relational databases. Should have basic proficiency in SQL.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, creating specifications
- Experience in data analysis – spotting trends and relationships; creating excel formula; creating data controls
- Good communication skills and experience in working in a virtual team
- Good command of Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding of regulatory framework and upcoming regulations
- Understanding of capital calculation, BASEL 3, VaR, liquidity ratios, market risk and counterparty risk calculation will be an advantage
- Previous experience in regulatory reporting projects will be a plus
- Previous experience in data warehousing, data analysis, data mapping would be a plus