Asia Pacific Regional Director
- Tokyo, Japan
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Department: Sales
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk 3E is seeking to hire a Regional Director to oversee and progress the company’s business development, growth objectives, customer service and operational interests in the region, with activity currently centered in Tokyo and Beijing. The position requires a strong focus on managing and expanding business in areas where the organization is currently doing business, through partnerships, expansion within current customer accounts, and strategy development that includes identifying and analyzing market opportunities that may lead to new products and the regionalization of the current Verisk 3E product and service portfolios. The Regional Director must make sure that the organization’s goals are being met in the region and that the employees of that country are meeting the standards that the organization has required. The position will act as liaison between headquarters and operations, strategy and policy based in North America and Europe offices and the operations and staff within the countries comprised within the region. The manager will also perform general management duties such as supervising staff, ensuring financial targets are met, maintaining and cultivating customer relationships, coordinating sales activities, overseeing market research, and developing strategies in collaboration with Executive Leadership.
- Support business development growth through management of Sales/Marketing efforts and direct selling of our software products and services to new and existing clients.
- Identify and properly qualify business opportunities, including strategic alliances that support pursuit of growth in respective countries.
- Present business solutions at the executive level.
- Lead Negotiations and overcome objections for deal closure.
- Manage complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Work with business development representatives and local experts to discover, identify, and meet customer requirements.
- Prepare accurate sales forecasts and sales cycle reporting via Salesforce.com.
- Leverage and enhance partner relationships to drive additional value and revenue.
- Identify and support marketing events and campaigns, in collaboration with Marketing, to generate revenue for the team.
- Review strategic account plans for "top 10%" of our most strategic accounts.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Regional Direction and Oversight:
- Management of regional staff, both remote and within regional Verisk offices.
- Provide project management to ensure the success of potential or current clients, including delivery of ongoing customer projects.
- Continually identify development needs and prepare development plan for members of the team.
- Prepare and execute on a yearly business plan for the Asia Pacific operations, including market opportunity.
- Attract top talent and retain key team members to support corporate and regional business growth goals.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in business development and/or regional operational oversight. Experience in the chemical regulatory solutions or IT systems sales, marketing and business development within the Environmental, Health and Safety industry (EHS) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, environmental policy, chemical engineering, Environmental Health and Safety or business-related field. MBA preferred.
- Entrepreneurial drive and self-management, with track record of goal attainment and ability to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals in a high growth organization.
- Experience managing and building teams of people across a broad regional territory, as well as a history of leading multi-functional groups through strategic direction and collaboration toward revenue growth.
- Professional communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, with fluency in English and Japanese. Other Asia Pacific language skills desired.
- Attention to detail with strong organization and time management skills required.
- Excellent customer management and sales cycle control skills.
- Based in Tokyo, Japan office.
- Willingness to travel; position requires frequent travel within Japan and international travel within Asia-Pacific region and US.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office, Salesforce.com or another CRM.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.