- Bethesda, MD, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Department: Engineering
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk 3E Company is looking for a Programmer Analyst to join the team. The staff is looking to add more talent to develop new products with the latest technologies. You will have the opportunity to work on the full MS stack. If you have more than 3 years of work experience and know how to get things done, read on!
We’re looking for entrepreneurial spirits and highly motivated self-starters!
What you’ll get in return:
- An opportunity that offers great work/life balance and schedule flexibility.
- To join an industry leader that is continually recognized and rewarded for their innovation and experience.
- A group of friendly individuals that work hard and focus on results and achievements!
- Competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment.
Overview of Job:
The developer builds software applications that meet customer needs. Implements automated testing and has CI/CD experience, including standard concepts and practices of SDLC. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May review and coach the work of others. The developer will be a member of a small project team that develops enterprise applications. The Team uses agile software development principles throughout all phases of the software development process. The developer contributes primarily through programming expertise, but is considered to be an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, the developer will regularly collaborate with other development teams to ensure continuity and leveragability of architecture and design.
- You will have solid knowledge of the .NET framework (C#)/JDK(Java)
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining an AWS-based application
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- AWS certification desired but not required
Skills and Requirements:
- Motivated with clear verbal communication skills
- Fluency with .NET framework/JDK, Visual Studio and TFS/Git
- Experience with at least one of the following databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AuroraDB
- Experience with AWS Services, especially S3, API Gateway, Cognito, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation)
- Experience with automation and machine learning technologies
- Experience migrating applications from on-premise to AWS cloud
- Experience working within Agile frameworks (XP, Scrum)
- Equivalent cloud experience with Azure would be considered