Lead Consultant- PL/SQL
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Verisk Business: Fintellix
- Department: Information Technology
Regulatory Compliance requirements and enhanced Risk Management around capital efficiency are driving requirements for improved reporting tools & enhanced BI functionality worldwide. Globally Banks are increasingly under pressure for retention of accurate customers records and transaction details for KYC and Customer Single View. On the other hand business users expect increasing value add from BI and enhanced sales effectiveness for better understanding of customer behaviour, customer profitability and improving cross sell / upsell matrices. The quintessential ‘MIS’ is gradually evolving to a ‘Decision Platform’ to enable faster and more accurate decision making with the availability of reliable, relevant & consistent information and predictive analytics & heuristics. While the emergence of Cloud, SaaS based BI and Analytics tools & solutions will drive the next wave of adoption particularly amongst tier 3 Banks and Community Banks, Big Data; innovative channels / payment solutions will open opportunities for new-age BI and Analytics adoption and Mobile Computing will lead the next wave of Information Delivery.
Founded in 2006, Fintellix's vision is to be the partner of choice providing compliance, risk and analytics solutions to banks. We work exclusively with banks across geographies, enabling them to derive value from data. Fintellix has worked extensively with banks in India and Middle East helping them automate regulatory reporting submissions. Infact, Fintellix is the market leader for RBI (Indian Central Bank) ADF (Automated Data Flow) reporting in India.
At Fintellix, our only focus is Compliance, Risk & Analytics Solutions for Banking industry. Fintellix solves business problems in the Banking space completely & comprehensively by bringing the right mix of Products, Solution frameworks & Consulting. By adopting an integrated and holistic view to solving problems while providing flexibility & modularity, Fintellix is able to extract business value hidden in data across & beyond the Banking enterprise.
Fintellix’s solutions leverage the latest in Analytics, Data Sciences & Information Management technology embedding Big Data, Mobility & Cloud capabilities. Fintellix understands Banking & Banking data deeply and with a solution-oriented team of data scientists & banking technologists that is highly flexible, it ensures that working with Fintellix is a delightful experience.
Fintellix Solutions, a part of Argus Information and Advisory services, extends Argus’s expertise in the development of Enterprise Data Platforms and Solutions as well as expanding Argus’s reach into India, Asia, and the Middle East. Argus Information and Advisory Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and the leading provider of analytics, information and solutions to banks and their regulators. Argus helps its clients maximize the value of data and analytics to allocate and align resources to strategic objectives, manage and mitigate risk (default, fraud, funding, and compliance), and optimize financial objectives.
The acquisition of Fintellix positions Argus to expand data hosting and regulatory platforms and better address the increasingly complex needs of clients. Solutions are available for on-premises implementations as well as provisioning from Regional Cloud Infrastructure delivered by teams located in New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, London, Singapore, Dubai, Sydney, Mumbai & Melbourne as well as our Global Delivery Centre in Bangalore.
Lead Product Consultant is primarily responsible for:
- Owning the complete end-to-end technical implementation of Fintellix Products for a customer.
- Responsible for design, development and configuration of Fintellix Products for a customer.
- Apply the deep understanding of the Fintellix Products & Platform features in the interactions with customer & Fintellix internal stakeholders (system owners, business analysts, and product engineers) for delivering the right solution.
- Lead the technical team on the project, allocate tasks, monitor progress, identify issues or bottlenecks and help team resolve these
- Interact with client business user & IT community along with the project BAs to understand the business requirements and detail these into functional specifications, thus ensuring clarity of scope.
- Understand Requirement documents (BRD-Business Requirements Document) and translate these into Technical/Functional Specifications (FSD-Functional Specifications Document) and
- Build solution design documents (SDD-Solution Design Document)
- Discuss, debate and finalize the Testing Strategy with the Bank’s functional and technical SPOC’s and ensure detailed clarity exists around how the accuracy of the deliverables will be tested by the Fintellix team and eventually in UAT as well.
- Discuss and be able to explain Fintellix Data Hub Data model to bank’s System owners/Technical SPOC
- Mapping the source systems to the Fintellix Reception (DMD-Data Mapping Document)
- Interact and guide Fintellix Product Consultants in
o Configuring the solution using Fintellix Platform features.
o Designing/developing the ETLs for data extraction from various source systems, design of integrated work-flow, scheduling of ETL jobs etc.
- Define and enforce the versioning & release management guidelines/practices for the project.
- Identify changes in scope & potential delay that would impact the project schedule and flag it off to the project manager.
- Support customers/bank users in SIT/UAT/Production deployment, data migration and defect management.
- Document the deliverables & help provide for a smooth transition to the support team.
- Work closely with the Fintellix project manager to manage the implementation activities.
- Identify automation interventions that would help in smoother implementation and also provide constructive feedback on Product & Platform improvement.
DESIRED PROFILE DETAILS
· Minimum 6 years of experience
· Involved in at least one complete project lifecycle as a developer/architect in any ONE of the below type of projects:
o Enterprise core banking solution (or CBS) like Finacle, Flexcube, Bancs etc. implementation experience. Deep understanding of the architecture and underlying data structures
o DWBI/ETL project implementation experience for Banks
o Risk and Compliance solution development and implementation at a Bank
Type of Skills
- Strong hands-on experience on PL/SQL, SQL programming with both design and development
- Sound working knowledge with one or more RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL etc. (Grants, Synonyms, User privileges, Materialized Views, Indexes etc.)
- Basic skills on a flavour of Unix
- Has sound understanding of at least 2 Banking subject areas among CASA, Loans, Facilities & Limits, GL, Trade and Treasury
- Experience in leading a team
- Open to travel and be able to work at client site abiding by customer policy, process etc.
- Experience in interacting with external stakeholders/customers in one or more projects at site
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of DW/BI/ETL tools like: Informatica, SSIS, MSTR, BO etc.
- Exposure to DW/BI architecture and systems (ODS, EDW, ETL etc.)
- Experience of architecting ETL application in a DW/BI or Analytical project
- Designing a Data model
- Development of reports/dashboards
- Knowledge of Database Performance management and tuning
- Shell Scripting
- Exposure/knowledge of any banking industry data model
- Accounting/Financial/Regulatory reporting experience for Banking
- Interdependencies and interfaces across multiple transaction systems in a Bank
- Interact with client user community to understand the business requirements to map it to functional requirements
- Versioning & Release management best practices