Research Analyst (Bilingual Japanese Kanji)
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Verisk Business: G2 Web Services
G2 Web Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and a leading global provider of merchant risk management solutions, including due diligence, compliance, and fraud protection. G2 helps acquirers and other payment providers take on the appropriate level of risk in their merchant portfolios, while protecting against brand damage, illegal activity and noncompliance assessments. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
G2 is seeking a Research Analyst to work with the Operations team in support of our continued business growth. The Fraud Detection team provides key insights regarding suspicious merchant behavior to a set of diverse financial industry clients. This role involves the synthesis of multiple internal and external data sources to compile deep-dive investigations, as well as providing tailored deliverables to clients on an ongoing basis.
In this role, you will be part of a fun, creative, and collaborative team in a dynamic work environment with constantly evolving priorities. The work we do provides solutions to client needs and contributes to a safer eCommerce environment.
- Become a subject matter expert in suspicious merchant behavior, relevant investigatory tools, and content categories of interest
- Juggle multiple priorities to provide ad hoc investigation reports and ongoing deliverables to a diverse client base
- Identify merchants that pose varying levels of risk to clients and proactively inform clients of these situations
- Coordinate with G2’s Data Science team to optimize query results
- Ensure data quality standards are maintained and identify anomalies
- Identify trends in suspicious online merchant behavior
- Communicate research findings and emerging trends to clients and key internal teams
- Provide analytical support for sales and other business needs
- Provide solutions to team workflow inefficiencies and challenges facing the company with a creative, collaborative, and proactive approach
- Requirement: Fluent in Japanese Kanji
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated research ability
- Experience compiling and analyzing data from multiple sources and communicating this information to others
- Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate and insightful results in a deadline-driven environment
- Aptitude for problem solving, both individually and in collaboration with teammates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Positive, can-do attitude; strives to understand the bigger picture behind complex problems