- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate, Inc.
- Department: Software Development
PowerAdvocate provides SaaS based technology products which are loaded with information from our $1 trillion Energy FactBase to help energy customers create operational and financial excellence. We combine best-in-class information, innovative technology, expert consulting services and integrated solutions to help our customers understand how they can leverage our unique view of the marketplace to save money and reduce costs. We are rapidly becoming the standard for finance and supply chain executives on the cutting edge in the Power, Oil and Gas and Renewable energy sectors.
Looking for an opportunity to work alongside the Senior Technology team of a leading-edge Big Data SaaS technology and consulting company that provides market intelligence to the energy industry? Interface with our Executives, Product Owners and Senior Software Developers? Work on a team in a culture that fosters individual responsibility and team success? Interested in emerging technologies in Big Data and Machine Learning?
If you like to work independently and be a player on a dynamic team in a SCRUM environment, if you want to expand your software development skill sets and have opportunities for career advancement, we have the job for you!
PowerAdvocate is seeking a dynamic individual to join a high performing software development team. Work with code to develop functionality as requested by product owner and our customers as well as work as a key member in a self-organizing SCRUM team, which focuses on continuous improvement and short, iterative development cycles and produces 98%+ bug-free releases.
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Analyze and design applications
• Write software to solve problems for customers
• Full stack development including Java, Apache Solr, Spring, Hibernate, SQL and No-SQL databases, jQuery, ExtJS, CSS, RESTful Web Services
• Have fun!
• BS in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
• 3 - 5 years of experience in Java development, with fundamentals in design patterns, security and database mapping, and front end development
• Experience with J2EE and Spring required
• Experience with test driven methodologies and continuous integration
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Works well in a team environment and with pair programming
• Open and willing to discuss obstacles, find creative solutions, and take initiative
• Ability to work in an AGILE environment
• Strong communication skills
At PowerAdvocate, we celebrate differences and are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our workforce to provide opportunities for our employees, our clients and our business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – F/M/D/V.