- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Department: Marketing
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk 3E is looking to add a Communications Specialist to the Marketing team in Carlsbad.
- You love to write, but hate typos!
- You are curious by nature and love researching new topics.
- You have superior proof reading skills.
- You are passionate, energetic and extremely detailed oriented.
What you’ll get in return:
- To work with a collaborative and cohesive team. Your ideas and opinions will count.
- A group of friendly individuals who like to celebrate the wins as a TEAM.
- A manager who will give you the tools and guidance to be successful.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment.
- To join an industry leader that is continually recognized and rewarded for their innovation and experience.
About the job:
- Write copy for use in marketing campaigns and initiatives, including – but not limited to – case studies, white papers, infographics and videos.
- Support development of sales tools, including – but not limited to – collateral, demos, decks (in conjunction with Product Marketing Manager and Visual Brand Manager).
- Work closely with Visual Brand Manager and Digital Marketing Specialist to develop social media content, including blog posts and content for sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Work together with Marketing team to ensure consistent messaging, tone, style and voice for all communications in alignment with brand standards.
- Generate standard customer facing content for RFPs and proposals.
- Work closely with Senior Director, Marketing to execute internal communications strategy, creating and curating content as necessary.
- Support creation of content for various internal communication channels, including Town Halls, company wide emails, etc.
- Support development of content for strategic, board-level communications.
- Curate and create content for company’s intranet site.
- Copyedit company wide communications as appropriate.
- Manage company’s internal and external newsletters and publications, developing content as necessary and copyediting as appropriate to ensure alignment with established writing conventions.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing Communications to create content in support of Field Marketing & Events strategy, including copy for event materials, flyers for events, internal updates on event strategy, etc.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 3-5 years of experience in a communications, writing or marketing communications position, preferably in a B2B or technical environment
- Superior writing skills; ability to create high quality content for a variety of channels including blogs, newsletters, websites, social media platforms, employee communications, etc.
- Proven experience in copywriting and editing
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality deliverables
- Ability and desire to research, learn and understand complex concepts and solutions
- Previous internal or employee communications experience a plus
- Outstanding project management, time management, planning and multitasking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, interacting closely with other team members and supporting a wide range of marketing activities
- Must work well individually without supervision and as part of a team; self-starter
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient command of English
- BS/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM or Marketo is a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.