Field Ops Specialist - Maryland
- Frederick, MD, USA
- Verisk Business: Geomni
- Department: Aviation
GVAir is a division of Geomni. We create software and other technologies related to aerial imagery, and provide the world's most comprehensive and cutting-edge imagery data acquisition, process, analytics, and distribution. We serve a wide range of markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning, and much more.
As a Field Ops Specialist with GVAir you will operate sensor equipment during flight missions. In addition, you will monitor sensor equipment during the flight for proper operation, alignment and calibration. Overall responsibilities are:
- Ability to fly in a light-twin/single engine aircraft at low altitude with occasional turbulence.
- Operate airborne LiDar, GPS, digital camera and IMU equipment during flight.
- Monitor navigation equipment during the flight to ensure proper tracking and altitude.
- Download and ship acquisition imagery data post flight.
- Prepare & maintain flight log, daily reports and other paperwork after each flight mission.
- Assist in the removal, repair and installation of airborne LiDAR, Cameras and other sensor equipment.
- Assist in creating detailed flight survey plans.
- Assist the pilot in coordination with FAA facilities to arrange airspace clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (domestic).
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and seasonal deployments that may last up to 4 weeks during peak seasons.
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- High School diploma required
- Must hold valid Driver's License.
- Proficient using flight planning software and GPS session planning software tools
- Ability to assess weather suitability for flight missions
- Strong computer/technical skills (MS Office Suite)
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- College degree
- Solid understanding of the FAR’s and applicable maintenance manuals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and contribute in a team atmosphere
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.