Service Delivery Manager
- Edinburgh, UK
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Service Delivery Manager
Wood Mackenzie is looking for a self-motivated Service Delivery Manager with experience of supporting and improving the effective provision of IT Services and operational support.
The person that fills this role will be motivated by delivering “best in class” IT Services to a global workforce. A stakeholder-facing role, you will interface with end users and will work collaboratively with IT operational teams, supporting the continued improvement of IT services and capability delivered to the business.
About the Role
The Service Delivery Manager will contribute to the successful delivery of IT Services and Operational support, by:
- Shaping, managing and driving the delivery of a continuous backlog of technical debt and service improvements, securing capital investment and resources from internal teams and/or external suppliers as required.
- Providing, as part of the IT Service Delivery team, an interface into IT for end-users and Woodmac staff
- Contributing to the priorities for our internal IT services and capabilities
- Managing an IT Operational Risk process, working with IT Operations teams to prioritise and plan work required to mitigate IT risk
- Providing support and contributing to the delivery of strategic new initiatives and IT changes projects
Key Ares of Responsibility:
- responsible for the delivery of a backlog of continuous improvements, that address technical debt, reduce IT risk and/or improve IT service and support ;
- responsible for planning, tracking and reporting progress ;
- responsible for securing capital funding and IT resources required to deliver continuous improvement and small change ;
- responsible for co-ordinating work required to deliver continuous improvement and small IT changes ;
- responsible for the management of the IT operational risk process
What you'll get…
Along with competitive pay and discretionary performance award, Wood Mackenzie offers 10% non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible benefits (including life assurance, group income protection, critical illness, dental and travel insurance, & more). In addition, you will be offered a personal invitation to join the Verisk Analytics Sharesave Plan which gives you the opportunity to buy discounted shares in Verisk Analytics Inc in 3 years' time.
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies which has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.