HR Business Partner
- Siegen, Germany
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Department: Human Resources
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
As an HR Business Partner, you will handle a variety of responsibilities related to employee experience, organizational development, employee relations and other general HR operational activities. This is a newly created role to support our growth in EMEA and will be based in one of our offices in Markdorf, Frankfurt or Siegen, Germany.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
Human Resources Business Partner and Employee Relations:
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units.
- Ensure policies, procedures, programs and reporting are administered and in compliance with local legislation and corporate polices
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Manages the relationship with our German employee benefits program broker team
- Monitors and manages absences including parental and sick leave
- Develop and administer employee Wellness initiatives.
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience
- Current knowledge of German employment law practices; knowledge of legislation in other EU countries would be beneficial
- Experience working effectively with Works Councils required
- In-depth, hands-on generalist experience focused on talent management, compensation, staffing, coaching/development/training/on-boarding, employee relations and training/development
- Team oriented with ability to collaborate effectively
- Strong demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to write and present to all levels
- Customer focused and experienced in working with all levels, internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Intermediate level experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; HRIS skills highly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong understanding of GDPR regulations and associated processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including reporting in English and German.
- Ability to travel within Germany and potentially some travel to UK and US
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.