- Bethesda, MD, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Department: Product Management
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are seeking to hire a Product Manager to be based in Bethesda, Maryland. If you have 5 plus years of Product Management preferably with regulatory compliance in the environmental health and safety space and product life cycle management focus, then we want to talk with you! We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment where employee growth is part of our culture.
What we’re looking for:
- Individuals with a positive attitude that like to have fun!
- Product Development experience to develop innovative product ideas
What you’ll get in return:
- Fast paced, ever-changing environment…no day will ever be the same!
- The opportunity to be creative and innovative
- Cross-functional team experience - get to know all facets of the business!
As a Product Manager, you will define the vision and road map to create best in class solutions for our customers. You will act as Product Owner and drive the product with the development team. Working and influencing across business and technical teams both internal and part of our external partner network is also highly important. The requirements listed below are representative of the skills and ability required.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its life cycle
- Ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and in concert with overall company strategy
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Skilled at writing detailed product requirement documents to ensure clear communication exists between business and development teams
- Communicate effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Drive product pricing strategy and monitor product profitability.
- Be a champion and product evangelist with both with internal and external stakeholders.
- 5 plus years of Product Management, or related experience.
- BS degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a major in a physical science, life science, engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, or other relevant field. MBA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Experience in SCRUM/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software, including SAP EHS
- Ability to travel up to 30% in North America, Europe and Asia.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.